Collecting payments can be a complicated process, so we created a simple flow to ensure that you have everything accounted for. The first thing to understand is the Order Life Cycle 🛒
- The order beings in a 'Created' status.
- Once you’ve either tracked or successfully receive a payment, the order will be marked as “Paid” (or “Partially Paid” if there is an amount remaining).
- If you are checking in during your event, then you will see the order status change to 'Fulfilled'.
- If the oder has been refunded any amount, the order will be marked as 'Returned'.
There are 6 different Status Options:
- Created: The starting of all orders. You can still edit the order at this point.
- Paid of Partially Paid: The order has received partial or full payment. You can no longer edit the order.
- Cancelled: The order has been cancelled and can no longer be edited. Any registrations associated will be marked as “Abandoned” and associated memberships will be marked as “Canceled”.
- Fulfilled: This means that the customer has received the goods. The most common case is when you check in a registration it will update the order to be “Fulfilled”.
- Disputed: A payment on the order has been disputed by our payment provider, Stripe. The payment has been returned to the customer and can be disputed in your Stripe Dashboard.
- Returned or Partial Refund: A refund for the order has been issued.